Why is it so important to change wiper blades?
Did you know that windshield wiper blades are a critical safety component for every vehicle?
Many drivers do not realise that worn-out wiper blades may scratch and damage their windshield, while reducing visibility and increasing driver fatigue, and consequently increasing the risk of traffic accidents.
Wiper blades slide over the windshield mechanically and are exposed directly to aggressive environmental conditions, like temperature, UV light, sand, grid, icing and dust, all of which accelerate their rate of wear.
Automotive manufacturers recommend wiper blade replacement at least once a year.
It is necessary to replace wiper blades whenever:
- The blades leave streaks across the glass – even if the blades have been cleaned the rubber blade edge are already brittle and chipped.
- The blades leave stains on the glass – this is generally caused by reduced pressure on the glass or the contact part of the blade has failed; in extreme situations, both the wiper arms and blades require replacement.
- The glass remains dirty – the rubber blade edge is worn out and cannot remove dirt, grit and water from the glass.
- The blades squeak or squeal – while the rubber blade might be OK, the wiper arm angle to the glass might be incorrect.
- The blades vibrates – this may be from irreversible deformation of the contact part caused by prolonged disuse.
- Our specialists always recommend replacing wiper blades along with the windshield.
We are always near
The AUTOGLASS® Mobile Service is there wherever help is needed!
AGC Automotive Replacement Glass Europe
NordGlass Sp. z o.o.
ul. Bohaterów Warszawy 11