The most popular ADAS types include:
- Detection and recognition of objects, road signs and hazards
- Lane departure warning
- Adaptive cruise control
- Automatic emergency braking
When do ADAS cameras require recalibration?
- After suspension alignment
- When a windshield camera has been disconnected from the vehicle’s electrical wiring
- Following a mechanical repair which affects the vehicle geometry
- Following a camera or controller failure
- Following a body repair / collision
- Following windshield replacement
- When the camera has been removed from its windshield mount
- When the DTC memory logs a failure of the device
- Following suspension repair with replacement of its essential components (struts and springs)
- When wheels and tires of a different size are installed
- An ADAS-equipped vehicle can be easily recognized by the camera installed behind the windshield.
If your windshield needs to be replaced and has ADAS, the latter must be recalibrated.
Autoglass® provides a professional ADAS calibration service.
Car makers recommend ADAS calibration after windshield replacement to ensure safe operation of all the assistance systems while on the road.
If an ADAS camera is not recalibrated after windshield replacement, the onboard safety systems may not perform correctly. Even a slightest calibration offset could result in the failure of the system to identify a danger in traffic.
We are always near
The AUTOGLASS® Mobile Service is there wherever help is needed!
AGC Automotive Replacement Glass Europe
NordGlass Sp. z o.o.
ul. Bohaterów Warszawy 11